Visiting all of the museums that are located in Los Angeles can get pretty expensive especially if you are visiting with your family or friends, noting that there are also over 250+ museums in the county. But luckily for us, all of these museums offer at least one free museum day or some are free all year round. Take a look at this list that we have compiled with their corresponding days that apply to that free museum day in September! Let’s begin.
- MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.)
- Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.)
- Huntington Library (note that you have to reserve passes for the free day in advance.)
- Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
- Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesday, Thursdays, & Fridays all month long)
- Autry Museum of the American West
- Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.)
Also, more than a dozen SoCal museum and botanical gardens will be free for Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day.