As fast casual and sit-down restaurants implement systems to increase sales they’re also gaining a competitive edge.
So if you are a restaurant owner, you should learn how to gain a competitive edge and increase your ROI using the latest food tech trends. Here are 3 tech solutions that can help you do it:
1) Look into “customer-facing technology”
Customer-facing technology refers to any additional value that technology can add to the relationship between a restaurant and its customers. Now more than ever, customers expect service to be quick and customer-facing technology meets that need.
According to an Industville study, about 1/3 of customers think tech can speed up the dining service.
Here are some customer-facing ideas that would drive your customer service efforts:
- Order ahead capabilities so customers know they won’t have to wait in line
- Offer rewards programs that encourage customer loyalty using check-in offers
- Create and offer a proprietary mobile app to create opportunities for up-sell and customized service
2) Invest in Back-of-House Technology
Slow output and inconsistent food quality are modern day kitchen killers. If you´re trying to figure out how to do it with minimum wages going up, investing in BOH technology is a smart way to protect your bottom line. Automating different aspects of your BOH operations cuts down the amount of labor needed to complete repetitive tasks.Also, new equipment and technology helps speed of service as well as consistency, which are both important.
Other BOH management solutions and benefits:
- Digital prep lists and recipes for quality assurance
- Online BOH training documents to automate workflows
- Procurement systems to lower stock and reduce food waste
3) Schedule your employees with simple solutions
How much time do you spend scheduling your employee shifts? Think about easy solutions and spend less time in you paperwork mode. For example, find a software program that can calculate time worked and can assign roles and color code shifts, track paid and unpaid breaks based on your state’s rules, and cash tip declarations totaled up on your time sheets. With this visual perspective. Try to find the right software that can ensure the proper shift coverage.
At DDC Group we recommend all of our restaurant clients to implement different tech solutions in order to improve their customer service and increase your ROI. Be smart, be quick and listen to your customers!